Wednesday 16 July 2014

Niagara falls

I’m spending a week in London, Ontario at UCNC 2014: excellent conference.  The conference outing was a trip to Niagara Falls.

I was initially a bit dubious about the long journey there, and back.  But, wow!

The view from the boat:


The bird (I think it is a cormorant?) was a bonus.  The boat got a lot closer to the falls than this, but it was a bit too wet to take photographs: we all stood gaping in awe, somewhat protected (neck to knees) by bright pink plastic bin bags.

The view from the top:


I don’t know whose hand that is!  The light was too bright for me too see what I was photographing: I just snapped away like mad, then selected later.  Fortunately enough good ones came out.

Amazing experience. I couldn’t stop grinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment